Imagine being the face of a highly successful beauty brand–and then taking on a new frontier by starting a new brand, from scratch, solo. Dr. Robb was the founder of Clarasonic, and is now preparing to launch his own super secret brand, a new device with a new formula.
Dr. Robb Akridge (a.k.a. Dr. Robb) co-founder of Pacific Bioscience Laboratories, joins April Franzino, Abby Wallach, and guest host Stephanie Flor (Around the World Beauty) in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Dr. Robb’s background in researching vaccines to cure AIDS, to working for Phillips and Clarisonic
- How Dr. Robb’s restless need to solve problems has led to his many career changes, and what about Clarisonic has made it his longest ongoing job
- The issues in the skin care industry that need to be addressed
- The lessons Dr. Robb learned working the floors at trade shows
- The process of developing the Clarisonic
- Dealing with knockoff products
- Dr. Robb’s new venture, REA Innovations, and what it’s like starting a new company in 2019 versus when he was working on Clarisonic
- The long road ahead to develop a new, exciting, and effective product
- The difference between the old retail pyramid model of sales and the current climate REA Innovations will be entering into
- How to position your product towards educated consumers
- Dr. Robb’s biggest “aha!” Moment
- The similarities between the food and beauty industries
- Plus, we get personal and learn Dr. Robb’s favorite foods, and what music he loves